Na taato na maataa na bandhur na data
Na putro na putri na bhrityo na bharta
Na jaayaa na vidya na vritirma maiva
Gatistwam gatistwam twameka bhavani
Neither father nor mother, neither relative nor giver, neither son nor daughter, neither servants nor husband, neither lineage nor knowledge, and not even my age-increment but O Bhavani! You! You are my only, my only salvation in this world
Ayi giri nandini nandita medhini vishwa vinodhini nanda nute
Girvara vindya shirodhini vaasini Vishnu vilaasini jishnu nute
Bhagavati he shiti kantha kutumbini bhuri kutumbini bhuri krute
Jaya jaya he mahishaasur mardini ramya kapardini shailasute
O daughter of the mountain, who makes the whole earth happy, who makes the whole universe rejoice, praised by Nandin, dwelling on the peak of the great Vindhya mountain, glittering widely, praised by those desirous of victory. O Goddess, wife of the blue necked Siva, One who has many families, One who has done a lot, be victorious, be victorious, O destroyer of the demon mahisa, with beautiful braids of hair, daughter of the mountain Himalaya
Suravara varshini durdhara dharshini durmukha marshini harsha rate
Tribhuvanaposhini shankara toshini kilbisha moshini ghosha rate
Danuja niroshini ditisuta roshini durmada shoshini sindhu sute
Jaya jaya he mahishaasura mardini ramya kapardini shailasute
O bestower of boons on Gods, One who assails those hard to control, one engrossed in rejoicing. One who nourishes the three worlds, One who pleases sankara, One who removes sins, One who engrosses in sound of Om. One who is angry with the progeny of Danu (demon), One who is angry with the sons of Diti (also demon), One who destroys those with evil intoxication of pride, daughter of the ocean
Ayi jagadamba madamba kadamba vanapriya vaasini haasa rate
Shikhar shiromani tunga himaalaya shringa nijaalaya madhya gate
Madhu madhure madhu kaitabha ganjini kaitabha bhanjini raasa rate
Jaya jaya he mahishasura mardini ramya kapardini shailasute
O mother of the world, my mother, One who loves to dwell in a forest of Kadamba trees, One who keeps on smiling. One who is on her own dwelling on the tall peak of the Himalaya, the greatest among the mountains. One who is very sweet, One who has the treasure of demons Madhu and Kaitabha, destroyer of the demon Kaitabha, engaged in dancing.
Sri Durga Chalisa
1) Namo namo durge sukha karani, namo namo ambe dukha harani
2) Nirankara hai jyoti tumhari, tihu loka phaili ujiyari
I bow, I bow, to the Reliever of Difficulties, Cause of Happiness.
I bow, I bow, to the Mother who takes away all pain
Your light illuminates all darkness,
your brightness extends over the three worlds
(3) Shashi lalaata mukha mahavishala, netra laala bhrakuti vikarala.
(4) Rupa matu ko adhika suhavai, darasa karata jana ati sukha pavai
With the moon on your forehead your face is tremendous.
When you frown with red eyes it is terribly frightening.
In the form of Mother it is extremely pleasing, and those who see you in
this way receive the greatest pleasure.
(5) Tuma sansaara shakti laya kinaa, palana hetu anna dhana dina
(6) Annapurna hu-i jaga pala, tuma hi aadi sundari bala
You protect all, and are the Giver of grains and wealth.
As the Goddess who is full of grains and food you protect the world.
You the are foremost and most beautiful being.
(7) Pralaya kaala saba naashana haari, tuma gauri shiva shankara pyari
(8) Shiva jogi tumhare guna gavai, brahma-vishnu tumhe nita dhyavai
At the time of total dissolution you destroy all. You are the Goddess
who is Rays of Light, beloved of Siva, Sankar, the Cause of peace.
Siva and all yogis sing of your qualities.
Brahma and Visnu always meditate on you.
(9) Rupa sarasvati ka tuma dharyo, de subuddhi rishi munina ubaaryo
(10) Dharyo rupa narasimha ko amba, pragata bha-i phaara ke khamba.
You wear the form of Sarasvati, Goddess of Knowledge.
You give excellent knowledge which liberates the rishis and munis.
You gave the form for Narasingha to wear, Mother,
which manifested with the crumbling of the pillar
(11) Raksha kari prahalada bachayau, hiranakusa ko svarga pathayau
(12) Lakshmi rupa dharo jaga mahi, sri narayana anga samahi
Oh Protector, you saved Prahalad, and sent Hiranyakiasipu to heaven.
You wear the form of Laksmi, Oh Mother of the Universe,
which is regarded the same as the body of the Respected Narayana.
(13) Kshira sindhu me karata vilaasa, daya sindhu dijai mana aasha
(14) Hingalaja mein tumahi bhavani, mahima amita na jaata bakhaani
You are delighted in the ocean of milk.
Oh Ocean of Compassion, please grant the mind's wish.
In the Hinglaj you are Bhavani, the Mother of Existence.
No one who is born can describe your greatness.
(15) Matangi dhumavati mata, bhuvanesvari bagala sukhadata
(16) Sri bhairavi tara jaga tarani, chinna bhala bhava dukha nivarani
You are Matangi and Mother Dhumavati.
As Bhuvanesvari and Bamgala you can grant comfort and happiness.
As the respected fearful Bhairavi you deliver all the worlds.
As Chinnamasta you prohibit pain in all the worlds.
(17) Kehari vahana soha bhavani, langur vira chalata agavani
(18) Kara me khappara kharaga virajai, jaako dekha kaala dara bhagai
The excellent among the monkeys went to welcome you,
Oh Bhavani, you who ride upon the lion.
In your hands are the sword and a beggar's bowl.
The Seer experiences the fear of Time, the Great Destroyer.
(19) Sohai kara mein astra trisula, jaate uthata shatru hiya shula
(20) Naaga koti mein tumhi birajata, tihu loka me danka bajata
Then in Mother's hand is seen the trident by which
She abolishes the enemy' s spear.
In Nagarkot you are known as Viraja,
and the people of the three worlds beat on drums to celebrate you.
(21) Shumbha nisumbha danava tuma mare, raktabija sankhana samhare
(22) Mahishasur nripa ati abhimani, jehi agha maara mahi akulani
You slayed the demons Self-Conceit and Self-Deprecation.
You dissolved the innumerable Seeds of Desire.
The King Great Ego was extremely proud.
The burden of his guilt for sins brought down low.
(23) Rupa karala kali ko dhara, sena sahita tuma tihi samhara
(24) Pari bhira santana para jaba jaba, bha-i sahaya matu tuma taba taba
As Kali you wear an immense form.
You destroyed the entire army in battle.
Whenever your children are burdened with perplexity,
then and there you manifest, Oh Mother, to render assistance.
(25) Amarapuri aru vaasaba loka, tava mahima saba kahai ashoka
(26) Jvaala mein hai jyoti tumhari, tumhe sada puje nara-nari
Again and again you lead people to dwell in immortality.
Then all elucidate your greatness with great joy and tranquility
In all the inhabitants your light is burning.
Men and women always perform your worship.
(27) Prema bhakti se jo jasa gavai, dukha daridra nikata nahi aavai
(28) Dhyaven tumhai jo nara mana laa-i, janma-marana so hi chuti jaa-i
Whoever will sing this praise with love and devotion,
pain and discomfort will not come close to them.
Whoever will meditate on you with full concentration,
will escape from the cycle of birth and death.
(29) Jogi sura-muni kahata pukari, yoga na ho-i bina shakti tumhari
(30) Sankara aachaaraja tapa kino, kama, krodha jiti saba lino
The yogis, Gods, and munis all call out,
"Without your energy union is impossible!"
Siva Sankar performed a most wondrous tapasya
by which He defeated Anger and Passion.
(31) Nishidina dhyana dharo sankara ko, kahu kala nahi sumirau tumako
(32) Shakti rupa ko marama na payo, sakti ga-i taba mana pachitayo
Even though one meditates upon Siva every day,
he can never reach to the heights of your attainment.
The form of energy is never destroyed.
Who sings in praise of Energy, his mind will endure.
(33) Sharanagata hu-i kirti bakhaani, jaya jaya jaya jagadamba bhavani
(34) Bhai prasanna aadi jagadamba, da-i shakti nahi kina bilamba
Who takes refuge in you, fame will increase. Victory, victory, victory
to the Divine Mother of the Universe, Mother of Existence!
Please be pleased, Oh Mother of the Universe.
give me energy without further delay.
(35) Moko matu kashta ati ghero, tuma bina kauna hare duhkha mero
(36) Aasha trishna nipata satavai, ripu murakha mohi ati dara pavai
Oh Mother, I am surrounded by difficulties.
Other than you, who can take away my pain?
Wishes and desires are extremely tormenting.
The ignorance caused by foolish limitations is extremely fearful.
(37) Shatru naasha kije maharani, sumiro ikachitta tumhe bhavani
(38) Kripa karo he matu dayala, riddhi siddhi dai karahu nihala
Oh Great Queen, please destroy all enemies. Let me recollect
One Consciousness, and let that be You, Oh Mother of Existence.
Give me your Grace, Oh Compassionate Mother.
Give increase to perfection causing Supreme Happiness.
(39) Jaba lagi ji-u dayaphala paa-u, tumharau jasa mai sada suna-u
(40) Durga chalisa jo ko-i gavai, saba sukha bhoga parama pada pavai
When the fruit of Compassion touch my heart,
I only want to always sing you praises.
Whoever sings this Durga Calisa, Praise of the Divine Mother,
will enjoy the highest happiness and attain the most exalted respect.
41) Devidasa sharana nija jaani, karahu kripa jagadamba bhavani
Where will I find my own refuge? Please give me your Grace,
Oh Mother of the Universe, Mother of Existence.