Goshpadi kruta vaareesham masaki kruta rakshasam
ramayana maha mala ratnam vande anilatmajam
I pray to him who is born to the God of wind.
Who made the king of lakes look like the hoof of a cow,
Who made the great Rakshasas look like simple mosquitoes,
And who I pray to him who is born to the God of wind.
is the great jewel in the great garland of the story of Rama,
Yatra yatra raghunath keerthanam
tatra tatra kruta masthakanjalim
bhashpa vari pari poorna lochanam
maruthim namatha rakshasanthakam
I pray and salute the son of wind god,
Who brought to end the rakshasas,
Who is always present with eye full of tears,
With head bowed in veneration,
Wherever the praise of Lord Rama is sung
Mano javam maruta thulya vegam
jithendriyam buddhi matham varishtam
vaatha atmajam vanara yudha mukhyam
sri rama dootham sirasa namami
I bow my head and salute the emissary of Rama,
Who has won over his mind,
Who has similar speed as wind,
Who has mastery over his organs,
Who is the greatest among knowledgeable,
Who is the son of God of wind,
And who is the chief in the army of monkeys
Budhir balam yaso dhairyam nirbhayathwam arokadha
ajaadyam vak paduthwancha hanumath smaranath bhaveth
He who meditates on Lord Hanuman,
Would be blessed with knowledge, strength,
Fame, courage, fearlessness, health,
Tirelessness and mastery over words
Anjana nandanam veeram janaki shoka naashanam
kapeesam aksha hantharam vande lanka bhayankaram
My salutation to the terror of Lanka,
Who is the darling baby of Anjana,
Who is killer of all sorrows of Janaki,
Who is the god of all monkeys,
And who is the killer of Aksha.
Sri Hanuman Chalisa
Shri Guru Charan Saroj Raj
Nij mane mukure sudhar
Varnao Raghuvar Vimal Jasu
Jo dayaku phal char
After cleansing the mirror of my mind with the pollen
dust of holy Guru's Lotus feet. I Profess the pure,
untainted glory of Shri Raghuvar which bestows the four-
fold fruits of life.(Dharma, Artha, Kama, Moksha)
Budhi Hin Tanu Jaanike
Sumirau Pavan Kumar
Bal budhi Vidya dehu mohe
Harahu Kalesa Vikar
Fully aware of the deficiency of my intelligence, I
concentrate my attention on Pavan kumar and humbly
ask for strength, intelligence and true knowledge to
relieve me of all blemishes, causing pain.
1) Jai Hanuman gyaan gun saagar, Jai Kapis tihun lok ujaagar
Victory to thee, O'Hanuman! Ocean of Wisdom-All
hail to you O'Kapisa! (fountain-head of power,wisdom
and Shiva-Shakti) You illuminate all the three worlds
(Entire cosmos) with your glory.
2) Ram doot atulita bal dhaama, Anjani-putra Pavan sut nama
You are the divine messenger of Shri Ram. The
repository of immeasurable strength, though known
only as Son of Pavan (Wind), born of Anjani.
3) Mahavir Vikram Bajrangi, Kumati nivar sumati Ke sangi
With limbs as sturdy as Vajra
you are valiant and brave. On you attends good sense
and wisdom. You dispel the darkness of evil thoughts.
4) Kanchan varan viraj subesa, Kanan Kundal Kunchit Kesa
Your physique is beautiful golden coloured and your dress
is pretty. You wear ear rings and have long curly hair.
5) Hath Vajra Aur Dhwajaa Viraaje, Kandhe moonj janehu sajai
You carry in your hand a lightening bolt along with a victory
(kesari) flag and wear the sacred thread on your shoulder.
6) Shankar suvan kesri Nandan, Tej pratap maha jag vandan
As a descendant of Lord Sankar, you are a comfort and pride
of Shri Kesari. With the lustre of your Vast Sway, you are
propitiated all over the universe.
7) Vidyaavan guni ati chatur, Ram kaaj karibe ko aatur
You are the repository of learning, virtuous and fully accom-
plished, always keen to carry out the behest's of Shri Ram.
8) Prabhu charitra sunibe ko rasiya, Ram Lakhan Sita man Basiya
You are an ardent listener, always so keen to listen to the
narration of Shri Ram's Life Stories. Your heart is filled with
what Shri Ram stood for. You therefore always dwell in the
hearts of Shri Ram, Lakshman and Sita
9) Sukshma roop dhari Siyahi dikhaava, Vikat roop dhari lanka jarava
You appeared before Sita in a Diminutive form and spoke to
her in humility. You assumed an awesome form and struck
terror by setting Lanka on fire.
10) Bhima roop dhari asur sanghare, Ramachandra ke kaaj sanvare
With over-whelming might you destroyed the Asuras
and performed all tasks assigned to you by Shri Ram
with great skill.
11) Laaye Sanjivan Lakhan Jiyaye, Shri Raghuvir Harashi ur laye
You brought Sanjivani (A herb that revives life) and restored
Lakshman back to life, Shri Raghuvir (Shri Ram) cheerfully
embraced you with his heart full of joy.
12) Raghupati Kinhi bahut badaai, Tum mam priye Bharat-hi sam bhai
Shri Raghupati (Shri Ram) lustily extolled your excellence and
said: "You are as dear to me as my own brother Bharat."
13) Sahas badan tumharo yash gaave, As kahi Shripati kanth lagaave
Thousands of living beings are chanting hymns of your glories;
saying thus, Shri Ram warmly hugged him (Shri Hanuman).
14) Sankadik Brahmadi Muneesa, Narad Shaarad sahit Aheesa
When prophets like Sanka, even the Sage like Lord Brahma,
the great hermit Narada himself, Goddess Saraswati and Ahisha.
(one of immeasurable dimensions).
15) Yam Kuber Digpal Jahan te, Kavi kovid kahi sake kahan te
Even Yamraj, Kuber and the
Digpals (deputies guarding the four corners of the Universe)
have been vying with one another in offering homage to your
glories. How then, can a mere poet give adequate expression
of your super excellence.
16) Tum upkar Sugreevahin keenha, Ram milaye raajpad deenha
You rendered a great service to Sugriva. You united him with
Shri Ram and he installed him on the Royal Throne.
17) Tumharo mantra Vibheeshan mana, Lankeshwar Bhaye Sub jag jana
By heeding your advice, Vibhishana became Lord of Lanka. This is known
all over the Universe.
18) Yug sahastra jojan par Bhanu, Leelyo taahi madhur phal janu
On your own you dashed upon the Sun, which is at a fabulous
distance of thousands of miles, thinking it to be a sweet
19) Prabhu mudrika meli mukh mahee, Jaladhi langhi gaye acharaj naahi
Carrying the Lord's Signet Ring in your mouth, there is
hardly any wonder that you easily leapt across the ocean.
20) Durgam kaaj jagat ke jete, Sugam anugraha tumhare tete
The burden of all difficult tasks of the world become light
with your kind grace.
21) Ram dware tum rakhvaare, Hoat na aagya binu paisaare
You are the sentry at the door of Shri Ram's Divine Abode.
No one can enter it without your permission,
22) Sab sukha lahai tumhaari sharnaa, Tum rachhak kaahu ko dar na
All comforts of the world lie at your feet. The devotees enjoy all
divine pleasures and feel fearless under your benign Protection.
23) Aapan tej samharo aapai, Teeno loka hank te kanpai
You alone are befitted to carry your own splendid valour. All the
three worlds (entire universe) tremor at your thunderous call.
24) Bhoot pisaacha Nikat nahin aavai, Mahavir jab naam sunavai
All the ghosts, demons and evil forces keep away, with the
sheer mention of your great name, O'Mahaveer!!
25) Nasai rog harai sab peera, Japat nirantar Hanumant beera
All diseases, pain and suffering disappear on reciting regularly
Shri Hanuman's holy name.
26) Sankat se Hanuman chudavai, Man Karam Vachan dhyaan jo laavai
Those who remember Shri Hanuman in thought, words and deeds
with Sincerity and Faith, are rescued from all crises in life.
27) Sab par Ram tapasvi raja, Tin ke kaaj sakal Tum saajaa
All who hail, worship and have faith in Shri Ram as the Supreme
Lord and the king of penance. You make all their difficult tasks
28) Aur manorath jo koi lavai, Sohi amit jeevan phal pavai
Whosoever comes to you for fulfillment of any desire with faith
and sincerity, Will he alone secure the imperishable fruit of
29) Charon Yug partaap tumhara, Hai parsidh jagat ujiyara
All through the four ages your magnificent glory is acclaimed far
and wide. Your fame is Radiantly acclaimed all over the Cosmos.
30) Sadhu Sant ke tum Rakhware, Asur nikandan Ram dulaare
You are Saviour and the guardian angel of Saints and Sages and
destroy all Demons. You are the angelic darling of Shri Ram.
31) Ashta siddhi nava niddhi ke data, As var deen Janki mata
You can grant to any one, any yogic power of Eight Siddhis
(power to become light and heavy at will) and Nine Nidhis
(Riches,comfort,power,prestige,fame,sweet relationship etc.)
This boon has been conferred upon you by Mother Janki.
32) Ram rasaayan tumhare paasa, Sada raho Raghupati ke dasa
You possess the power of devotion to Shri Ram. In all rebirths
you will always remain Shri Raghupati's most dedicated disciple.
33) Tumhare bhajan Ram ko pavai, Janam janam ke dukh bisaravai
Through hymns sung in devotion to you, one can find Shri Ram
and become free from sufferings of several births.
34) Anta kaal Raghuvir pur jayee, Jahan janam Hari-Bhakta Kahayee
If at the time of death one enters the Divine Abode of Shri Ram,
thereafter in all future births he is born as the Lord's devotee.
35) Aur Devta Chitta na dhara-ee, Hanumant se hi sarve sukh kara-ee
One need not entertain any other deity for Propitiation, as
devotion of Shri Hanuman alone can give all happiness.
36) Sankat kate mite sab peera, Jo sumirai Hanumat Balbeera
One is freed from all the sufferings and ill fated contingencies of
rebirths in the world. One who adores and remembers Shri Hanuman.
37) Jai Jai Jai Hanuman Gosaain, Kripa Karahu Gurudev ki naahin
Hail, Hail, Hail, Shri Hanuman, Lord of senses. Let your victory
over the evil be firm and final. Bless me in the capacity as my
supreme guru (teacher).
38) Jo shat baar paath kare koi, Chutehi bandhi maha sukh hoi
One who recites Chalisa one hundred times, becomes free from the
bondage of life and death and enjoys the highest bliss at last.
39) Jo yaha padhe Hanuman Chalisa, Hoye siddhi saakhi Gaurisha
All those who recite Hanuman Chalisa (The forty Chaupais)
regularly are sure to be benedicted. Such is the evidence of no less a
witness as Bhagwan Sankar.
40) Tulsidas saada hari chera, Keejai Nath Hridaye maha dera
Tulsidas as a bonded slave of the Divine Master, stays perpetually at
his feet, he prays "Oh Lord! You enshrine within my heart & soul."
Pavan tanai sankat haran,
Mangal murti roop.
Ram Lakhan Sita sahit,
Hridaye basahu sur bhoop.
Oh! Son of Lord Wind, Destroyer of all miseries, you are a
symbol of Auspiciousness.
Along with Shri Ram, Lakshman and Sita, reside in my heart.
Oh! King of Gods.